Isla Abramia has been a WIP project for three+ years and due to alpha state of A3 it has been changed numerous times and put on hold even more times ;) it's a map suited for a 3-sided war or a nice coop (as usually). Size? Classic IceBreakr's 10x10km but distances are much more realistic now, spotting choppers can be a pixel hunt ;) It has been created from a scratch, with numerous sketches and then put into various 3D map making apps. Most of the satellite textures were hand painted.
Snowy hilltops, few bases, few villages and only a handful of towns. Main town is situated in the main valley with civilian airport. There is one off-shore island with military base, that island is taken from my old Fapovo A2 project. It can be used as a staging area.
Island won't have its own units but units will come separately in form of FAP Units (Foes & Allies Pack) that will be a tool for all my island army sides in the future (Molatia, Afrene, Cecania, Pantheran Territorial Guard, Police Factions, Venator PMC, GAL, ARL, African Rebels, etc.).
Inspirations for island were Scotland, Bosnia and Norway. I've wanted to give players of Armaverse something new to toy with. Mix of green and snowy mountains has always attracted me. After all I live in an environment like that ;)
IceBreakr is from Slovenia (Europe) and he's been a level designer for other games/simulations for more than 10 years now. Right after the release of Czech version of ArmA: Armed Assault, game soon became his passion and he formed a strong Slovenian community of mil-sim gamers supporting him in organizing and creating multiplayer coop/PvP events. Lack of islands made him switch to ArmA/ArmA 2 map making. Story continues in Arma 3.
3. STORY BEHIND ABRAMIA?
Few months ago an Ex-Abramian military chief General Dragan aka The Fox performed a coup d'etat on Isla Abramia and took control of the country. Overthrown president has been murdered in main square and all of his staff has been put to prison. Gen. Dragan set a curfew, requiring everyone to be indoors during night time. Massacres are on his daily schedule of all the people that oppose him and even innocent villagers are not safe anymore.
UN and NATO have decided it is time to step in and remove Dragan with a small unconventional taskforce - an international group of professionals. Capturing elusive Gen. Dragan is your main priority. Stop actions of his Cecanian Army and assist Abramian Rebel Alliance in order to succeed in this operation. What is even more alarming is that Dragan's brother Vatroslav is a chemical weapons expert and we have just recieved intel that he's managed to sneak couple of 1 KT nuclear warheads from an attack on a secret storage facility in Northern Sahrani.
There are three larger islands near Abramia:
- Vandella & Blanco on the SE
- Serval on the NE.
Fourth small one serves as an "off-shore airbase".
p.s. units (CEC, CEC-Winter and ARA) are available in FAP Units addon. Download available separately via Workshop, PWS or my website (see News).
For a complete list of changes see changelog.txt supplied with the island.
Conventional long form: Republic of Abramia
Conventional short form: Abramia
Head of government: President General Dragan aka The Fox (since coup d'état, 2015)
Nationality: noun: Abramian(s), adjective: Abramian
Languages: English (spoken by most government officials)
Religions: Christianity (official), Catholicism, Islam, Orthodox Christianity, Buddhism.
Population growth rate: +0.25% (2015 est.)
Military & Security: Cecanian Army (CEC) - est. with Coup d'état in Dec. 2015, CEC Police
Other significant military factions: ARA (Abramian Rebel Alliance, formed Jan. 2016)
Transportation: 4 Airports (2 civilian: Yolandi & Vucoyeb , 2 military: - Prato & Sakovo), 4 Ports (Sakovo, Focha, Rybak & Yolandi)
Economy: Tourism, Fishing, Woodwork.
Flag description: Black, blue and white diagionals with large crown emblem.
*note* flag texture is available at: ibr\abramia\flags\flag_abramia_co.paa
National colors: blue, black, white
6. INTERESTING FACTS
They are all listed in the loading screen of the island :)
You need to have one additional addon to play on this island: CUP_Terrains_Core
See install.txt in @abramia folder for more info.
8. CREDITS & THANKS
Created by: IceBreakr
Contributors: NeoArmageddon (map builder tool, tips), Spidi, Sahbazz, SmukY.
Testers & bugreports: SBP Team, CrazyCorky, NZDFCrash, Spidi, Sahbazz, SmukY, Jeza, NeoArmageddon, zigomarvin.
Special thanks: Bohemia Interactive for making great mil-sim games since 2001!
9. COPYRIGHT & LICENSE TO USE
Author: Lado Crnologar aka IceBreakr (ice AT icebreakr.info, SKYPE icebreakr, FB icebreakr, DISCORD IceBreakr#6570)
All rights reserved.
Author grants you, as the enduser, a personal right to download, install and play with the island. This right does NOT include the possibilities to reverse engineer or even abuse content of the island addon in your own addons, games, game content or missions (scripts). Author can not be made responsible for ANY damage that could occur from the use of the addon. This island addon is for entertainment purposes only. Any military or commercial use is strictly prohibited. You are NOT allowed to exploit, redistribute and/or modify the content. You may use the island addon in conjunction with the game "Arma 3" by BIS in its original form (as in original 7z archive) only. If you want to use island addon or parts of island addon in your own addons or new game, you have to get written permission from the author.
"Island and *.pbo files supplied with it need to have original .bisign files attached and no modification or reverse-engineeering is allowed. Island and addons are forbidden to be used on servers that require donations, unless those donations are merely covering the running costs of the actual server (donations/payments must not be over $1,000 per year). If donations or other payments are made for in-game services that improve player gameplay or favorize paying players in comparison with other non-paying players, those island and accompanying addons (*.pbo) are NOT allowed to be used. Any mistreatment of these rules stated here by an individual or group can and will be prosecuted by a legal team. Expressly, for island/addons use with "life" mods and TCs (Total Conversion mods) you need a prior written permission by the author."
Please report bugs to:
- the author via contacts above under 9.)
- @Official BI Forums (forums.bistudio.com) where feedback will be provided.
Official website for my islands is: http://www.icebreakr.info/
Requirements: You need to have Arma 3 and CUP Terrains Core addon to play this map. Make sure you're using the latest official Arma 3 stable patch!
1. Unpack folder @abramia to your ArmA3 root folder. Be sure to have \addons\ folder structure present after the unpack procedure with all *.pbo's inside.
Then you have two options:
a) run game and under Expansions menu enable folder @abramia (Abramia x.xx) and @CUP_terrains_core (download separately of course), click OK and restart game.
b) or just run game with -mod=@abramia;@cup_terrains_core -nosplash parameter.
Island will then appear in map list and is ready for use. If you are using more mods, separate them with ; sign.
Admins can grab server keys if they are running a signed server. See folder \keys in the archive.
Very IMPORTANT notes:
-> CUP Terrains Maps is no longer required
-> Be sure to delete any previous versions prior to the installation! If the island is not working properly, check other mod folders for duplicate pbos and bisign files.
IMPORTANT: See readme_abramia.txt for license to use and other/full info!
- whole new sector added North-East: Island Serval
- new towns: Serval and Skelter
- improved satellite image
- added missing Beltraz town mapmarker
- added flag texture (ibr\abramia\flags\flag_abramia_co.paa)
- various bugfixes
- fixed object positions that got borked up in 1.66
- improved graphics: satellite texture, middle texture and clutter
- removed default 5 percent fog setting, use Zeus advanced fog that is based on proper height
- smaller object placement fixes
- fixed skies & lighting that got wrecked with release of official patch 1.60+
- replaced a texture that BIS removed in 1.60 (for one of the winter trees)
- beach and terrain improvements
- clutter is now working and is compatible with all other islands
- added snowman on Mt. Rooker ;)
- added snow clutter (small bumps and snow covered rocks)
- improved distance middle texture
- improved satellite image of Isla Blanco
- runway in Yolandi is now properly lit during night-time
- removed snow spots in wierd places
- various smaller fixes
- corrected heights of floating A_Office01 buildings
- hotfix: removed some temporarily placed buildings *oops*
- fixed floating a_office01 buildings
- replaced broken panelak buildings from CUP with new ones
- clutter (grass) is visible again
- removed several very small trees in the central region (TacticalBonsai-bug, tnx zigomarvin)
- removed vegetation from roads near Albertin and Beltraz
- added town signs to Island of Vandella settlements
- added town sign for Vucoyeb village
- new island Blanco with a village and a Mental Asylum on a cliff rock
- added quite big Island of Vandella into southeast sector, feel free to explore it ;)
- removed storage house from a garage in the center of Yolandi
- moved location of Abramia in RL area between Northern Scotland and Norway
- several bugfixes
- fixed concrete area at Prato airbase
- added new asphalt texture
- altered heights near Camp Fisher
- fixed gas stations
- massive improvement of Yolandi, Focha, Rybak and Sakovo
- added ports to all 4 major towns (Yolandi, Rybak, Sakovo, Focha)
- additional terrain height fixes
- AI can cross Yolandi bridge now
- street lamps added
- tweaked warehouse in Lower Dion
- added 4 depots (science labs) at various Southern positions
- added small settlements East of Yolandi
- improved satellite & mask images
- added open churches
- added sawmill to Pepinal
- first semi-public test version intended for Tourists on Abramia Coop event
- many fixes
- increased terrain fidelity, mostly in Vukoyeb region
- added spots for bases and depots
- seaside town of Rybak now almost fully operational, but port is under re-construction for 0.9x update