This is a WIP version of a small launcher pack that should contain a few ungided anti-tank weapons. They will benefit from an authentic zeroing that allows them to be used at longer ranges. The main goal is to bring the M3 MAAWS and the SMAW into Arma 3, with completely new models and textures. But other AT-weapons may follow as well.
->Zeroing from 100 to 900m with animation
->removable 3D-scope without outside view
->HEAT, HEDP, HE, SMOKE, ILLUMINATION ammunition
->Airburst-Setup for HE, Range setting for ILLUMINATION
M136 AT4 CS
->Zeroing from 50 to 400m with animation
->HEAT, HEDP, HP ammunition
->disposable (launcher is not reloadable)
->launcher needs to be prepared (press 'reload'-button)
->reduced backblast when using ACE3 (since this is the confined space-version)
MK153 Mod 0 SMAW
->Zeroing from50 to 500m with animation
->removable 3D-scope without outside view
->fixed ironsights zeroed for 250m
->HEAA, HEDP ammunition
->Spotting Rifle for increased hit-Chance
- temporary zeroing fix by switching to 2D scopes
sorry for the huge delay. Here is a small update which should fix the currentMuzzle error. All the scripts were remade aswell and should make it easier to implement new launchers in the future. The SMAW spotting rifle is now less dangerous when used with ACE3. Thanks to Joko's effort the backblast configuration in ACE3 is more flexible and allows for a backblast-free spotting rifle.
I also decreased the texture sizes of the SMAW and the AT4 from 4K to 2K (which is the standard for Arma 3 weapons). They should look better now on lower video settings and the filesize is decreased as well.
here is the next update, which includes the SMAW. It comes with HEDP and HEAA ammunition. Its spotting rifles fires from 5 round 9mm tracer magazines and is used to correctly adjust the scope. You can select it in the actionmenu.
Be aware that the spotting rifles has backblast & ear ringing when using ACE3, whis is something I cannot change. Maybe this will be fixed in the future.
The case where you could reload the AT4 with a certain trick should not work anymore. I also made a slight change to the M3 scope, so that it uses the new collominator-technology. The swoosh-sound of the rocket is now much more quiet, as well as the explosions which were very loud. The absurd damage of the M3 HEDP round when using the RHS patch is fixed, and it got updated for the SMAW.
In case you don't know which launcher you should take:
Pro's of the SMAW:
+more damage against armor / higher Penetration (600mm vs 550mm)
+more precise zeroing (increments of 50m vs 100m)
+spotting rifle for increased hit-chance
Pro's of M3 MAAWS:
+higher rocket velocity
+higher zeroing range (900m vs 500m)
I hosted the Support Stratis Mission for testing. With 1.3.6 & AGM, the mission didn't load and was stuck in the loading screen, as you told me. With the new 1.3.7 it was loading correctly. Same with TPW. Although I don't know this mod, I didn't notice any difference with 1.3.6. With 1.3.7 it suddenly showed a hint after the mission loaded with the working modules, and some additional HUD-info.
So it looks like it is working now, but I cannot promise it.
- AT4 should always work now
- airburst of HE and flare is fixed
- new recoil (there was none after the last Arma 3 patch)
- backblast configured for ACE 3
- adjusted shouldered AT4 position
- This is the first attemp to fix the game crash issue.
- The AT4 'reload' should also work now, but you have to make sure that every player uses the latest version.
- fixed the required-addon thing. I have never really done it before, so thanks alot for your help Tikka!
- The AT4-scripts should be 100% reliable now, as long as you have at least a bagback or a vest or a uniform.
- Changed text and icon of the 'silencer'-item, to avoid confusion.
- For the M3 firing-bug: I had the issue that firing in upwards works fine, but firing downwards inverts the angle, so that the rocket flies upwards. This is fixed now. But I am not sure if that was the same problem Sundowner and Flipper had.
[ADDED] AT4 in HEAT, HEDP and HP variants
[IMPROVED] distance-LODs of M3 MAAWS
[FIXED] full-compatible with AGM again, script error when firing is now removed
- [ADDED] FFV469 SMOKE round
- [ADDED] FFV545 ILLUMINATION round
- [ADDED] Airburst for HE + distance selection for Illumination
- [ADDED] Zeroing-animation of ironsight and optical sight
- [IMPROVED] Indirect damage values (real HE-round has 50m kill-radius, ingame it is still less)
- [IMPROVED] 3D-scope should look a bit better now and is nightvision-compatible
- [IMPROVED] Zeroing-script is now part of the config -> should work 100% without delay
- [KNOWN ISSUE] Script-Error when M3 is fired. I had to include this script-error to make the zeroing AGM-compatible, but I am looking for a better solution.
- [KNOWN ISSUE] You may have to reload to get/ the airburst/flare-config entry in the action-menu.
The flare-ejection range can be selected between different fixed values. I dont know if the illumination-round of other nations are different, but this is how the flare round of the german Bundeswehr works. (They use the Carl Gustav only for battlefield-illumination)
- Added Shadow-, Distance- and Fire-Geo-LOD (completely forgot them in the first release)
- Fixed script error when other players fire the M3 in Multiplayer
- Increased effectivenes of HEDP against armor
- New backblast-effect
- M3 is less shiny/ decreased specular power
- Hopefully removed some RPT-errors