|ArmA3 Addons (News) » TPW MODS von tpw (08.02.2017)
TPW MODS von tpw (08.02.2017)
08.02.2017 - 13:00 von miller
TPW MODS von tpw (08.02.2017)
***** Update *****
veröffentlichte sein TPW MODS
Addon in den Bi-Foren. Das bekannte Addon aus ArmA2
hat einen verbesserten Realismus für den ArmA3 Einzelspieler-Modus enthalten.
[CORE 1.31, FOG 1.48] Added Isla Duala to region and climate lists.
[CARS 1.51] Improved vehicle collision disabling code: massively reduced chance of player and nearby AI being mown down by vehicles.
[CROWD 1.05] Fixed sporadic undefined variable errors.
[FURNITURE 1.03] Support for randomised furniture templates for each house: each now can now assigned a random furniture template from a list of templates, and will continue to use this template for the duration of a play session. No new templates are provided yet though!
[SKIRMISH 1.37] Spawned infantry squads will move towards the general vicinity of the nearest enemy infantry squads. Refactored support calling code for reduced CPU hit. General code cleanup and optimisations.
• Full changelog
In the months following the release of Arma 3 alpha I wrote a number of mods which did different things, but all of which had a common goal of increasing the immersion and realism of the single player experience in Arma 3. As the number of mods and their complexity increased, I found it increasingly difficult to keep track of feedback on multiple threads and maintain them all separately, so I took the decision to bundle them all into one addon, imaginatively titled TPW MODS. TPW MODS consists of a number of independently configurable components, and if you use them all you'll get:
• Units reacting realistically to suppressive fire by ducking/going prone and seeking cover (TPW EBS)*.
• Units reacting to falls and bullet hits by falling/ragdolling to the ground (TPW FALL).
• Units continuing to bleed from injuries, resulting in decreased mobility and eventually incapacitation and death if not treated (TPW BLEEDOUT).
• Units able to self heal using First Aid Kits (TPW BLEEDOUT)
• Units rapidly reacting to nearby enemies they have line of sight to (TPW LOS)*.
• Sounds for jumping, falling, rolling and turning prone, sounds for freefalling and under canopy (TPW FALL).
• Realistic HUD with bullet trajectory tracing when using tactical goggles (TPW HUD).
• Ambient infantry combat, with AI able to call in support (TPW SKIRMISH).
• More realistic (slower) movement and stance change speeds.
* Deprecated due to engine improvements
• Region specific civilians in towns, walking around and interacting with each other (TPW CIVS).
• Civilian traffic, which you may commandeer (TPW CARS).
• Civilian cars parked by the side of the road near habitable houses (TPW PARK).
• Civilian boats (TPW BOATS).
• Ohally's CAF Aggressors Middle Eastern and African civilians, RDS A2 Eastern European civilians and cars, and Leight's Opfor Pack Middle Eastern civilians will be used appropriately if present.
• Lights in civilian houses at night (TPW HOUSELIGHTS).
• Working streetlights on A2/OA maps (TPW STREETLIGHTS)**.
• Appropriate sized flocks of sheep/goats/chickens, and randomly barking dogs / yowling cats (TPW ANIMALS).
• Occasional helicopter and jet flybys, with automatic support for 3rd party aircraft mods (TPW AIR).
• Ambient radio chatter in/near vehicles, with support for Russian radio chatter in RHS Russian vehicles (TPW RADIO).
• Ambient Greek music near/in habitable houses (TPW RADIO).
• Ambient civilians/animals/cars easily excluded from areas such as runways or bases, using simple editor-placed named objects.
• Civs/animals/cars/parked cars/radio/houselights/streetlights easily excluded from entire areas of the map using triggers.
** Deprecated due to AllinArma implementing working streetlights
• Region specific climate (TPW FOG).
• Ground fog, units with foggy breath, and a chance of snow, during colder weather (TPW FOG).
• Ground heat haze / mirage effects during hot weather (TPW FOG).
• Rain droplet effects on the ground near the player (TPW RAINFX).
• Refractive rain droplet effects on car windscreens and player goggles (TPW RAINFX).
All mods interoperate well, and share a common startup hint. All mods are light on resources and a lot of work has gone into optimising them so they should not cause undue slowdowns or framerate issues. You can use the TPW MODS of your choice to enhance existing missions and campaigns, or to simply turn any empty map into a living breathing combat zone with endless replayability.